I was working out last night and during the workout something struck me.....every time i workout i have to stretch. Most of you are thinking: DUH Tim of course you stretch before you workout or you could hurt yourself. Well, I now turn to ask you why don't we stretch spiritually....with prayer. If any of you know me personally you would know that a few months ago you could not pay me to pray. I refused to stretch spiritually because I wasn't working out, much like a lot of people. The terrible thing about this is that we as humans stretch physically everyday(whether you realize it or not), when we wake up, after we have been sitting on the couch in front of the television for hours, and even after we leave the movie theatre. I attend a church where we have a space in the bulletin that tracks prayer hours...needless to say that in whispers the young people had to hear that we were not one of the leading auxiliaries in prayer hours. This wasn't surprising, for several reasons: there were people like me who didn't pray, people like my-x who had a job, house, and responsibility who chose to pray when he got up in the morning, and others who didn't feel that keeping up with hours on a sheet of paper mattered. I have since moved to the latter group. A lot of people like to gather and workout together in large groups, but there are some, like myself, who would rather do it alone or in small groups. My OPINION is that as long as you stretch before you exercise you won't hurt yourself. This also means you have to EXERCISE and get your spiritual heart pumping cause if our heart stops beating we die, right? so we have to get in our cardio(reading) after stretching(praying) because we would hate to hurt the body(of Christ). I have been around Christians that i will bet my education that they weren't stretching because they were running turning people off to Christ(one of those people being turned off before i decided to exercise for myself was me). Lets stop turning people away with our "religion" and GET REAL. 'Religion' is the equivalent of being a couch potato. You may hear everything that is going on and you sit down in the front and eat but you won't EXERCISE so it sits there, in your spirit and turns into FAT. I challenge you all to become lean in the lord. It can happen 'over night', but it has to be maintained for a lifetime(that doesn't mean you have to be perfect and flawless:Proverbs 24:16For a righteous man falls seven times, and rises again,But the wicked stumble in time of calamity). The only difference between the wicked and the righteous man is the EXERCISE and most importantly the STRETCHING. I hope that we can all realize that stretching includes listening as well as talking and in order to hear you have to SHUT UP
so now i am going to shut up after leaving you with this
1 Peter 4:7:Everything in the world is about to be wrapped up, so take nothing for granted. Stay wide-awake in prayer
stop sleeping and KYS,
GOD's Little Girl
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like this co-relation between exercise and developing in the body of Christ. I know that I need to exercise, but I tend to put it off. I have also done the same thing with developing my prayer life. I say that I will do it later, when I get more time. That is ignorant because time is not promised to me. This may be the last time that I get to pray, and someone close to me might be in desperate need for prayer while I am being too lazy to pray. I know what needs to be done, and I will step up and take responsibility for my actions. I will also encourage others to do the same. I will receive my crowns.
ReplyDelete-Warrior.