let me start by saying I AM NOT HATING on the lovely christian cartoon shows that are displayed on the television screens across the country
2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
This scripture speaks volumes.
It has been said that ignorance is bliss but the bible trumps that saying by saying my people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge.
I hate to say this but we as Christians sometimes enable this ignorance.
I realized this when i was reading the book of Job(which I am still doing and will finish tomorrow).
Shows such as veggie tales create an entertaining aspect of the bible that is appealing to children. That is after all their target market and that's cool, but what happens when we grow up??? We care not to pick up the bible because we remember the story because Carmen sang it to us in children's church(shout out to Carmen). You see the story of Job had been explained in such a child friendly way that if i never would have studied, i would not have known that Job had friends, who by the way loved GOD. Job was in such agony but wouldn't dream of cursing GOD. He cared about his integrity more than anything because he knew in the end that even when things were at their worst, GOD would reward him in the end.
I am still not telling the whole story to prove a point. We must do as 2 Timothy said and STUDY. Studying doesn't sound like much fun, i know, but when you do your relationship with God will deepen and there will be peace that you have never felt and you will feel a love like no other.
I challenge you all to KYS and Study,
GOD's Little Girl
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment